Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ahhhhhhhhhh........

Do you hear that? That is the sound of one tired teacher relaxing on her first night of Christmas break! Yeah, I know, the school calls it Winter Break, but, please, if it weren't for Christmas, there would be no break. So, I am celebrating Christ's birth, with a little "me" time.

I spent part of the evening scrapping at a friend's house. She's one of those friends who you can "let it all hang out" with. I got a lot done, and now am inspired to scrap even more!

I completed my vestibular/hearing assessment today. The doctor does not have a definitive answer as to why I have a hearing loss and dizziness. The dizziness is resulting from one side of the vestibular system not reacting to vestibular input to the same degree as the other side, which gives the brain conflicting information. Why is this happening? No idea. The doctor feels that the hearing loss looks like a noise induced loss. I can't imagine why that would happen, but there's nothing that can be done to reverse it. Now it is just a matter of monitoring the loss to make sure it does not get worse.

I get a month off from wearing my student hat. Just got my grades today....yep, got an A!

I am so excited to get to wear my mommy hat for a while. Jake was home sick Tuesday and Wednesday this week with diarrhea. He seems to be fine now. Bad mommy confession time: While I would never wish for my child to be sick, I was secretly happy I got to stay home from work on Tuesday.

Tomorrow I am finally going to get a professional massage. DH and the boys got me a gift certificate for one for Mother's Day, but I have never taken the time to use it. I can't wait!

Really, I do need to post some pics soon. Maybe I will sometime this week :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation!

Michelle Quinno said...

Ahhhh....enjoy the massage and the break!!