Friday, March 23, 2007

Ahhhhhhhh.....

That is the sound of me sitting down on our couch. Why is that such a big deal, you ask? Two reasons:

1. This has been the busiest spring break on record. Friday night our dear friends, the Jensen family an Dale, joined us for a weekend of fun. The Jensens have two boys, so it was just like one big slumber party. However, I was gone all day on Satuday for seminar for my masters program, so I missed part of the fun. After they left on Sunday, the boys and I packed up for a few days at Grandma and Grandpa Hogan's house. Well, they were staying there while I ran all over the Chicago area observing various deaf and hard of hearing programs as part of my masters program. While I really got a lot out of it, I was absolutely beat by the time we finally arrived back home on Tuesday night. Wednesday and Thursday brought more observations, this time in town. Thursday afternoon and evening was taken up with a meeting and class at ISU. So, here we are on Friday...the first day I've actually had free. Naturally, I have a bad head cold and can't really enjoy it, but I am resting none the less.

2. Our almost-brand-new couch and chair had to be taken back in for repair. The company picked them up on Monday to replace the cushions, which were already beginning to break down after only a few month's wear. They finally delivered them today, all puffy and comfy. After the busy, exhausting week, and only having folding chairs to sit on, I am so happy to have my couch and recliner back. I may not get up for a long, long time.

1 comment:

Michelle Quinno said...

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, enjoy your new cushy cushions!!