Thursday, July 05, 2007

DAY 1 (of 13)

I survived the first day of my summer classes. Like last summer, I have one class in the morning and one in the afternoon, 3 hours each. It looks like there will be a lot of homework. As an "ice breaker" (btw, I hate those things!) we had to describe one stategy we planned to use to get through the month. Going for a little humor, I said that I was planning to pay off my boys so I could do my homework. However, that may not be so much funny...it just may happen!

One of the major challenges I face is not the homework, it is finding people to watch the boys while I am in class. Tracey took her turn today, and Kristen will have the boys tomorrow. Next week won't be bad, but I still have to find coverage for Monday afternoon. Beth is planning on taking them on Tuesday, and DH is off on Thursday. So, you can see the balancing act is challenging. At least the boys are pretty well-behaved, so they don't wear out their welcome too soon.

As for the bathroom, things are plugging right along. The tile on the floor is all laid, and it looks great, and we haven't even grouted it yet! We will grout on Sunday, then seal maybe on Wednesday, and put in the toilet and sink next weekend. Things are slowly coming together. Considering the length of time this has taken, I have decided a different approach to planning and scheduling our next project. When I figure how much time it will take, I will multiply it by 10, since that is probably how long it will really take. Then, when I figure the cost, I will then double that, because it will cost at least that much more :)

No comments: