Saturday, August 25, 2007

My summer is over :(

I headed back to work on Wednesday. While I really do love my job, I am so sad to see summer end. My classroom is coming together, but there are still a few things that have to be done. Since I co-teach, everything has to be mutually agreed upon, which takes longer than when I taught on my own. It's like having two cooks in the kitchen. Not only do you have to decide on the recipe, but also on how well-done to cook it, whether to add nuts, etc. Definitely a unique challenge.

The boys do not have to go back until next Wednesday, so they are enjoying a last few days of fun. In fact, they are at an overnight back to school party. I will pick them up around 3, so I have a little time to myself. I plan to clean the house a little, and maybe get into my classroom too. Later tonight, the boys and I are heading to the Urbana Sweetcorn Festival (if the weather holds out) to see a Mark Harris concert.

I saw the orthopedic surgeon yesterday. I actually have two cysts in my knee, one on the front and one in the meniscus. In addition, there is damage (strain?) to my hamstring, which appears to be causing most of the pain. I start physical therapy soon to work on the hamstring. Once some healing happens there, then we can further evaluate if anything needs to be done with the cysts.

3 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Yuck. Mine is over too.

Good luck with the co-teaching. Hopefully you have similar teaching styles.

Kathy M said...

You are braver than I---about going to the doctor for your knee. I hurt mind in July and it's finally now starting to feel better (knock on wood). If it starts hurting again, I will be going.

Good luck with the new school year.

Theresa said...

Have a good school year- my summer was over a week ago- non teachers just don't feel that sorry for me. good luck with the knees