Sunday, February 01, 2009

Happy Birthday Josh!

Twelve years ago, I was laying in a hospital room, marveling at the miracle that lay in my arms. It had been a long nine months, wondering, "Would this one make it?" We had lost our first baby very early in the pregnancy, and I was scared that something would go wrong with this one, too. But, after several reassuring sonograms and a very active little guy moving around, I slowly came to realize that not only would this baby make it, but he was a strong one.



Now, he is twelve. Daily, I am amazed at the incredible human being that developed from that little jelly bean-shape on the sonogram screen. He is smart, he is funny, he is talented, and, best of all, he is a good person. While I do think his daddy and I have something to do with it, I also think that there is something innate in him, something that placed by God's hand, that allows him to know right from wrong, and how to be a good friend. Something that makes him the Josh we all love.

No comments: