- I finished the Harry Potter series! Loved it...was one of the best reads EVER! Watched the first movie...but finding it hard to fit movie time into our busy schedule. Plus, when do I ever sit in one place for more than 2 hours??
- Jake attended 6th grade orientation yesterday. Is it really possible that my lil red-headed baby is in middle school?? (Next question...am I really that old??)
- Josh has finally adjusted to his braces. In a few weeks he will get the bottom ones on, and that will require yet another adjustment period. Now that his mouth is not sore, he has no complaints.
- School starts in my district TODAY! I am ready in some ways, but soooo not ready in others. But, no matter how prepared you think you are, students have a way of keeping you on your toes.
- Josh and Jake are dogsitting for their Grandma's dog for a week...at our house. Gracie is going to LOVE this, hahahaha! Poor thing will be exhausted when young Bella heads back home.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Thursday, August 06, 2009
Saturday, August 01, 2009
Camp Phillip... where we played disc golf, bankshot, ate dinner, and watched on outdoor concert.BankShot
Monday morning we headed to the Dells...Deer Park, Jet Boats, and Tommy Bartlett. I love the Deer Park. It is amazing how tame the deer are, and there is something special about having such beautiful animals eating right out of your hand :)
The weather was a little cool, so the Jetboat ride was chilly, but tons of fun. As expected, we got soaked! The driver was very good, mixing humor and interesting information about the river with some pretty exciting spins and stops!
We went through the Tommy Bartlett Exploratory for the first time. I don't know who enjoyed it more...the kids or the adults! There were tons of hands-on science activities, which were entertaining and fascinating all at the same time.
Next was the Tommy Bartlett Water Show. Oh my...the things those kids can do on skis! They were amazing! After intermission and one of the biggest ice cream cones I have EVER seen, the land portion of the show began. My favorite part was "Dave the Horn Guy". He could play almost anything on the bulb horns attached to his suit....I was in tears I was laughing so hard!
And that was all on day one....more to come :)