Thursday, August 20, 2009

Quick update

I don't have much time these days, since my students are starting TODAY and my classroom still has so much work to be done in it...but...here's a summary:
  • I finished the Harry Potter series! Loved it...was one of the best reads EVER! Watched the first movie...but finding it hard to fit movie time into our busy schedule. Plus, when do I ever sit in one place for more than 2 hours??
  • Jake attended 6th grade orientation yesterday. Is it really possible that my lil red-headed baby is in middle school?? (Next question...am I really that old??)
  • Josh has finally adjusted to his braces. In a few weeks he will get the bottom ones on, and that will require yet another adjustment period. Now that his mouth is not sore, he has no complaints.
  • School starts in my district TODAY! I am ready in some ways, but soooo not ready in others. But, no matter how prepared you think you are, students have a way of keeping you on your toes.
  • Josh and Jake are dogsitting for their Grandma's dog for a week...at our house. Gracie is going to LOVE this, hahahaha! Poor thing will be exhausted when young Bella heads back home.

No comments: